Top 10 Most Popular Stories over the Past Week
In ‘Your Scene Sucks’, Dubi makes fun of ‘Apple Store Indie’, hipsters, rockers, emo, and hip hop kids, and ‘Popcore dorks’.
2) Photographer Gives Disney Princesses A Dose Of Reality
Vancouver-based photographer Dina Goldstein has placed popular Disney princesses in modern-day scenarios to capture real issues that women today face.
3) IKEA Launches Fully-Furnished, Pre-Fab Homes
Swedish furniture giant IKEA has teamed up with Oregon-based architecture firm Ideabox to launch IKEA’s first line of prefabricated houses in the U.S. called ‘Aktiv’ (Swedish for active).
4) Robert Downey Jr. Portrayed As Pinup Girls
A tumblr called ‘Pinuprdj’ has curated some very funny images of Robert Downey Jr, as pinup girls.
5) Minimalist Posters Of Pixar Films
Melbourne-based designer Wonchan Lee has created minimalist of Pixar’s animated films.
6) The World’s First Cupcake Vending Machine, For Cupcakes 24/7
For cupcake lovers, the cupcake shop Sprinkles Cupcakes have opened a machine for cupcake access all-around-the-clock.
7) For Typography Geeks, A Periodic Table Of Typefaces
The table groups the typefaces into families and classes of: sans-serif, serif, script, blackletter, glyphic, display, grotesque, realist, didones, garalde, geometric, humanist, slab-serif and mixed.
8) Star Wars Characters In Various Yoga Poses
Texas-based illustrator Rob Osborne has created a series of posters depicting Star Wars characters in various yoga poses.
9) Honest Ads Reveal What Consumers Really Think
Writer Chelsea Fagan and art director Matt Stevenson have come up with a series of honest ads.
10) Own Facebook And Twitter With This Web Lovers Edition Of Monopoly
Istanbul-based creative firm Make Some Design has come up with a Web Lovers Edition of Monopoly featuring the most popular Internet companies as properties.
For the most current updates within the creative, media, and technology industries, please follow TAXI on Twitter or Facebook.
More news on