Don't miss the latest stories
The Seven Designer Phenotypes
By Anthea Quay, 27 Nov 2012
Designer magazine Core77 has identified the seven characteristics typical of designers.
In ‘Seven Designer Phenotypes’, the designer types include:
- ”Workshop Workhorse” (those who like workshops) – with the motto “Happiness is a Warm Arc Welder”;
- “King of the Kitchen” (those who like cooking) – with the motto “Design So Good You Can Taste It.”;
- “Designer Dandy” (those who care about how they look) – with the motto “Work in Style (or Don’t Work at All);
- “Traveling Wo/Man” (those who like to travel) – with the motto “A Place for Everything and Everything in its Place.”;
- “Studio Snob” (those who spend a lot of time at the studio, and feel that their desktop says a lot about them) – with the motto “It Takes Nice Things to Make Nice Things.”;
- “Homebound Hobbit” (those homey-types) – with the motto “Home Is Where the Heart Is (Next to the Jens Risom coffee table).”;
- “Off the Grid” (those who like the great outdoors) – with the motto “Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained.”
Designers, are these phenotypes accurate?
More related news
Also check out these recent news