The Seven Designer Phenotypes
Designer magazine Core77 has identified the seven characteristics typical of designers.
In ‘Seven Designer Phenotypes’, the designer types include:
- ”Workshop Workhorse” (those who like workshops) – with the motto “Happiness is a Warm Arc Welder”;
- “King of the Kitchen” (those who like cooking) – with the motto “Design So Good You Can Taste It.”;
- “Designer Dandy” (those who care about how they look) – with the motto “Work in Style (or Don’t Work at All);
- “Traveling Wo/Man” (those who like to travel) – with the motto “A Place for Everything and Everything in its Place.”;
- “Studio Snob” (those who spend a lot of time at the studio, and feel that their desktop says a lot about them) – with the motto “It Takes Nice Things to Make Nice Things.”;
- “Homebound Hobbit” (those homey-types) – with the motto “Home Is Where the Heart Is (Next to the Jens Risom coffee table).”;
- “Off the Grid” (those who like the great outdoors) – with the motto “Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained.”
Designers, are these phenotypes accurate?
More news on
More news on
Also check out these recent news
Round-Ups Of The Week
TAXI Chatter: If Logos Were Sad, ‘Anti-Logos’, DIY Edible LEGO Candy, & More