Reasons to Embrace Social Media as a Creative Pro
Here is my list of why you need to make use of social media sites like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter:
1. To bring admirers, fans and followers of your work to you.
2. As a source of inspiration from others in your field.
3. For constant and regular free exposure.
4. To advertise events such as gallery exhibitions in the real world.
5. To establish a network of professionals who can support, inspire and teach you in your industry.
6. To drive traffic to your site.
7. Improved indexing of your site/s and thus your name in search engines.
8. To stay on the pulse of your industry (what’s trending, what are other people saying?).
9. To build rapport and establish and build business relationships.10. To keep in touch with old clients.
11. To provide a market for your products (such as prints for artists).
12. To drive up the standard of your work, through the enabling of freelancers to share work with others (i.e. we want to show off good work).
13. For spreading referrals to and from others.
14. To facilitate direct marketing.
15. By building a following, you increase your value (at least perceived value) when viewed by prospective clients.
And there you have it, although I do believe there are many other benefits of social media platforms for promoting your work.
Written by Alex Mathers
Red Lemon Club