MTV Creative + onedotzero Announce On-air Launch of bloom
By onedotzero, 06 Mar 2008
onedotzero and MTV today announced the on-air launch of ten films commissioned as part of their Bloom competition. Bloom was a worldwide competition that searched for the very best up-and-coming creative talent. New filmmakers, animators and other creatives were invited to send in a treatment for a one minute film that explored the identity and community of their hometown, in a fresh way.
In total over 200 entries from over 30 countries all around the world across Australia, Europe, Africa, South America and Asia, were entered.
The judging panel finally selected 10 winning entries from Auckland, Beijing, Rome, New York, London, Bergen, Warsaw, Los Angeles, Paris and Sheffield. Five runners-up are from Tokyo, London, Bucharest and the Netherlands.
The entries were judged on innovation, style, technical skill and creative interpretation of the bloom brief. The winning treatments were commissioned in 2007, and the artists given budgets to create and develop their one minute films. The final pieces were delivered in January 2008.
“We’re delighted with the Bloom project because it gives MTV a great opportunity to champion creativity and invest in young talent,” said Fernando Lazzari, VP, Viacom Brand Solutions International Creative, MTV Networks International. “We’re were blown away by the hundreds of people who sent in treatments. We’d like to thank everyone who entered and to congratulate the ten winners – the quality of their work was uniformly exceptional.”
“The bloom project represents exactly what onedotzero is about - creative partnership,new talent, progressive vision reaching a wide international audience. MTV International are the perfect partners and the 10 winning creative talents exemplify quality twinned with innovation producing 10 brilliant mini-masterpieces,” said Shane RJ Walter, director, onedotzero.
The one minute films will be given coverage on MTV’s channels globally and online, officially launching in March 2008, when all ten films will be available to view online at www.mtvonedotzero.com
The films will also feature in the onedotzero worldwide festival tour.
The judging panel:
Cam Levin, Former Vice President, MTV International Creative,
Shane Walter, Director, onedotzero
Anna Doyle, Former Associate Director Events, onedotzero
Winning entries [in no particular order]
1. Quayola: Rome [Rome, Italy]
2. Lulu Li: Beijing Dance [Beijing, China]
3. Ayala Sharot: Foreigners [London, UK]
4. Matt Bullock: Cityfix [Sheffield, UK]
5. Igor Knezevic: Proxies [L.A, USA]
6. The Holograms: Morfism [France]
7. Przemyslaw Adamski / Katarzyna Kijek: Untitled [Warsaw, Poland]
8. Ryan Louie: Untitled [N.Y.C, USA]
9. Marieke Verbiesen: Nordic Folk Legends [Bergen, Norway]
10. Neil Grundy and Alyssa Kath: Lone Kauri Road [Auckland, New Zealand]
Runners-up: [in no particular order]
1. Benjamin Olszyna - Marzys: London 2012 Olympics [London, UK]
2. Roel de Jonge: The Bling of Rodell [Netherlands]
3. Darren Bendall: Untitled [Tokyo, Japan]
4. Brede Korso: The Soul of England [London, UK]
5. Matei Alexandru Mocanu: Untitled [Bucherest, Romania]
More related news