Instagram’s Most Popular Photo Of 2018 Has Amassed Over 18 Million ‘Likes’
By Mikelle Leow, 24 Dec 2018
Image via Natee Meepian / Shutterstock.com
It’s not like it would ever happen, but if an alien were to visit Earth and asked you to sum up 2018, you could show it this list of most popular Instagram posts.
This year was a roller-coaster for the entertainment world, and its defining moments can be perceived through the most engaging images on social media.
Surprisingly, the majority of 2018’s most ‘liked’ photos are Instagram’s most popular ever. In a list culled on Wikipedia, 17 out of 20 of the social network’s top posts ever were from 2018.
Five of 2018’s top 10 spots were awarded to Kylie Jenner and her daughter, Stormi Webster. The two also took this year’s throne of photo with the highest engagement.
Have a look at the six most ‘liked’ photos on Instagram for this year, and view the platform’s top 20 ever here.
6. Cristiano Ronaldo’s announcement of his move to Juventus football club (12,286,480 ‘likes’ at time of publish)
5. Late rapper XXXTentacion’s final photo before he passed away (12,916,128 ‘likes’ at time of publish)
4. Ariana Grande’s tribute to ex Mac Miller, who passed on in September (12,834,654 ‘likes’ at time of publish)
3. Kylie Jenner cradling one-month-old Stormi Webster (13,066,832 ‘likes’ at time of publish)
2. Justin Bieber’s confirmation of his engagement to Hailey Baldwin (13,358,624 ‘likes’ at time of publish)
View this post on Instagram
Was gonna wait a while to say anything but word travels fast, listen plain and simple Hailey I am soooo in love with everything about you! So committed to spending my life getting to know every single part of you loving you patiently and kindLY. I promise to lead our family with honor and integrity letting Jesus through his Holy Spirit guide us in everything we do and every decision we make. My heart is COMPLETELY and FULLY YOURS and I will ALWAYS put you first! You are the love of my life Hailey Baldwin and I wouldn’t want to spend it with anybody else. You make me so much better and we compliment eachother so well!! Can’t wait for the best season of life yet!. It’s funny because now with you everything seems to make sense! The thing I am most excited for is that my little brother and sister get to see another healthy stable marriage and look for the same!!! Gods timing really is literally perfect, we got engaged on the seventh day of the seventh month, the number seven is the number of spiritual perfection, it’s true GOOGLE IT! Isn’t that nuts? By the way I didn’t plan that, anyways My goodness does feel good to have our future secured! WERE GONNA BE BETTER AT 70 BABY HERE WE GO! “He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains FAVOR from the Lord!” This is the year of favor!!!!
A post shared by Justin Bieber (@justinbieber) on
1. Kylie Jenner’s first photo of baby Stormi Webster (18,040,486 ‘likes’ at time of publish)
[via Her, images via various sources]
More related news